Thank you for contacting Phillips’ Floors, Inc. for your flooring estimate. After your measurement is complete, your salesperson will complete a quote for your review. Outlined below is important information about the installation process. It will help you understand what to expect before, during, and after your installation project.
Scope of work:
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. cannot remove existing vinyl flooring if it contains asbestos. Your salesperson will take a sample and have it tested prior to any tear out is performed. This is an additional charge.
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. does not install new laminate flooring or locking wood flooring over old carpet or old pad.
• The installer is required to take moisture meter readings prior to installation to ensure moisture is within the manufacturer’s specifications.
• Concrete sub-floors require a plastic moisture barrier.
• Crawl spaces must have a plastic vapor barrier in place.
• Normally, the new flooring will need to acclimate on-site per the manufacturer’s requirements. Acclimation period is normally three days prior to installation and will be scheduled at the same time the work is scheduled with our dispatch department.
• Patterns in wood requires additional product for the pattern and additional labor charges.
• An expansion gap is required at the perimeter of the room and at any poles, etc. to allow normal movement.
• Normally, new molding installation is required to hide the edges of the new flooring.
• The removal of existing flooring can be a very dusty process. It is our policy to hang plastic at doorways to adjacent areas, but it is not always possible to control the travel of dust into the rest of the home. Final cleanup is to be expected, and is the responsibility of the homeowner.
• Please advise Phillips’ Floors, Inc. of any previous floor issues such as water leaks or damage.
• Unforeseen circumstances discovered once installation begins such as damaged sub-floor, wet sub-floor, pet urine soaked carpet, insect infested carpet, unlevel/uneven sub-floors, or termite damage can cause additional charges that must be approved by the customer and will be included in your final billing.
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. does not move furniture unless specified in the estimate at customer’s request.
• Installers cannot move certain items such as antiques, electronics, pianos, pool tables, waterbeds, aquariums, safes, pin ball machines, exercise equipment, etc. Many of these items need to be professionally moved. Installers also cannot be responsible for moving valuables, cloths, dishes, wall hangings, and other small miscellaneous items.
• Additional charges may apply for moving excessive or over-sized furniture. These charges will be included in your estimate if furniture moving is requested.
Prior to day of install:
• The area to receive new flooring must have climate control, power, and adequate lighting a minimum of 48 hours before and after installation (windows must remain closed with air conditioning or heating system on and set to 72 degrees).
• Delivery of products may be necessary and can occur up to five (5) days prior to the start date. The products must be placed in either the area in which the work will be performed or near the area (cannot be placed in a garage).
• Unplug all items, disconnect and remove all electronics (computers, stereos, large screen TVs, VCR, DVD, etc).
• Empty closet floors up to 3 feet high, remove items under beds, bed coverings, lamps, knick-knacks, fragile, high value, sentimental value items and antiques.
• Remove glassware from china cabinets, remove books from freestanding bookcases and pictures from walls.
• If there are pet soiled areas, the customer must have them cleaned prior to the installation.
Day of Install:
• Phillips’ Floors, Inc. would prefer that an adult (18 years or older) be present for both the estimate and installation.
• Identify for the installer any wiring (may be hidden behind moldings) in the new flooring area (alarm, monitoring systems, etc).
• Let installer know if you would like to keep the existing flooring (if possible) and where to put it.
• Please ensure children and pets are not in the installation area during the installation.
• Potential exists for minor scuffing of baseboards/walls. (Note: Scuffing will be worse with new paint.) Repairs to these areas are the responsibility of the homeowner.
We look forward to serving you and will strive to exceed you expectations. If you have any concerns with your new flooring please contact our office at (515) 961-7300. You will receive a survey card with your final billing asking you to rate your salesperson, craftsmanship, and professionalism of the installers. Please take a few minutes to give us your feedback so that we can continue providing our customers with the best possible service. Thank you!